Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sesame Street "I Love My Hair" Song Goes Viral

Sesame Street's I Love My Hair song goes viral, after being written for young ethnic girls to embrace their beautiful hair. The writer of the song was inspired after his gorgeous Ethiopian daughter was discouraged that her hair didn't look like Barbie Doll hair.

The song goes on to sing about all the ways that an African American girl can wear her hair. It talks about how beautiful hair is and how the muppet singing the song LOVES her hair.

It's a great message to send, and quite honestly I am surprised that no one came up with this song before, as self esteem is always very important for young kids.

The Sesame Street I Love My Hair was released around the same time as Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" Video. I would like to see Willow come to Sesame Street and do an "I love my Hair" remix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails